Welcome to the Reids of Gawler Genealogy
Hello and welcome to my site which is dedicated to my Family History Research starting with John Reid my Great Great Grandfather who immigrated with his wife, Jane, from Newry, Co. Down, (Northern Ireland) in 1839 with their six children on the ship Orleana and were the first settlers at Gawler S.A.
All people on the site are listed relative to John Reid. 1st Generation is John and his wife, 2nd Generation are his children etc.
JOHN1 REID was born 11 November 1795 in Newry, Co. Down, Ireland, and died 12 October 1874 in Jersey. He married JANE LIVINGSTONE in Co Down, IRELAND, daughter of WILLIAM LIVINGSTON and ELIZA GORDON.
Children of JOHN REID and JANE LIVINGSTONE are:
ELIZA SARAH2 REID, b. 16 August 1824, Greenwood Park, Newry, Ireland; d. 23 December 1914, Hurst Sedlescombe, Battle, England.
- SAMUEL REID, b. 17 August 1825, Correy Sq., Newry, Ireland; d. 8 March 1859, Gawler, S. Australia.
- WILLIAM LIVINGSTONE REID, b. 11 October 1827, Newry, County Down, Ireland; d.16 July 1900, Nth. Adelaide, S. Australia.
- JOHN REID, b. 25 October 1829, Newry, Ireland; d. 24 October 1916, Goolwa,S.Australia.
- ROSS THOMPSON REID, b. 2 February 1832, Newry, Co.Down, Ireland; d. 10 January 1915, St.Anne's Terrace, Glenelg, S. Australia.
- RICHARD JEBB BROWN REID, b. 7 November 1833, Newry, Ireland.; d. 27 July 1872, Booyoolie, S. Australia.
2nd Generation >>